Saudi Government confirms joint operation with Germany against ISIS

Sunday 07th Aug 2016

an103349636special_police_o

The Saudi Government confirmed it was working with German investigators to track Islamist militants behind bomb and axe attacks in July in Germany.

The KSA is always ready to work with foreign countries to combat terrorism, but rarely gives public pronouncements on specific cases.

General Mansour al-Turki said Saudi and German security experts had been exchanging information over evidence showing that one of the attackers in Germany had been in contact through social media with a member of Islamic State using a Saudi based phone.

Turki said the suspect was in an unspecified “country of conflict,” but did not specify the attacker was a Saudi citizen.

“The investigation is still ongoing between experts in both countries to try to find the parties to the case,” Turki told Reuters in response to a question on a report by news magazine Der Spiegel on Saturday.

Spiegel said that traces of the chat indicate that both men were not only influenced by but also took instructions from people, as yet unidentified, up until the attacks.


More News

Saudi Royal Family agrees to bail out stricken Pakistan

The Saudi Royal Family has pledged investment worth approximately $20bn USD with its close ally Pakistan, which is struggling with a fragile economy and negative growth. The deals were announced during the Crown Prince’s visit […]

mbs black stone

Mohammed bin Salman visits Mecca holy site

Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman visited the Grand Mosque in Mecca today, where he met with ministers to discuss expanding the current capacity and facilities for pilgrims. During his visit the Crown Prince prayed and […]

King Salman

King Salman reduces business fees on foreign workers

King Salman has approved a new plan to reduce the fees businesses pay on their foreign workers, in order to incentivize business and boost both economic growth and employment in the Kingdom. This will involve […]